Elivar is delighted to be supporting a World Record attempt by six international swimmers – average age 42. The swimmers will be undertaking a punishing swim across the English Channel to try to beat the existing World Record relay time. The team are seeking to beat the current record of 6 hours and 52 minutes set by the US National Swim Team way back in 1990!
Weather and Tide will determine the exact date of the record attempt but as things currently stand the 5th/6th of August looks like the optimal tidal conditions.
The ‘EC6’ – as they are fondly known – is comprised of:
* Andrew Chamberlain, aged 41 and holder of European age records including gold at the 2013 European Masters Championships for the 400 and 800 free
* Dave Warren, 42, from the UK, who holds 20 world, British and European titles
* Christof Wandratch, aged 47, from Germany and the 3rd fastest English Channel swimmer ever
* Kirsten Cameron, 40, is from New Zealand. Kirsten is the fastest 1500 metre swimmer in her age group in the world
* Steve West, 42, was a member of the USA Swimming National Team during the 1990’s
* Bernie Zeruhn, 43 an All American Masters swimmer
Total Immersion Swimming are the lead sponsor of this unique record attempt, with Elivar providing nutritional support to the team through the use of the full range of Elivar Products.
Total Immersion – originally developed by Terry Laughlin – is a swimming methodology that enables swimmers to swim farther and faster, using less energy and also swim without injury or pain.
Elivar – Sports Nutrition optimised for athletes over 35 year old. Our bodies change as we age, so should our sports nutrition.
Try our Weekend Endurance Pack – fuel a weekend’s training with a selection of our Endure, Recover and Hydrate products.